MINERITE COPPER 10g Capsules for Calves and Adult Cattle
Each capsule contains 8.4g of Copper (as copper oxide).
A soluble gelatine capsule (USP) containing 10g of sustained
release copper oxide rods (copper needles) which contains 86% +/- 5%
elemental copper for oral administration.
MINERITE COPPER 10g Capsules for Calves and Adult Cattle are
indicated for the treatment and prevention of copper deficiency in
cattle over 3 months of age. The Minerite capsule is administered
orally and dissolves in the rumen, releasing the copper oxide needles
that lodge in the folds of the reticulum and abomasum. The copper oxide
needles then slowly dissolve to release copper that is absorbed by the
animal from the intestinal tract. The copper is stored in the liver and
released gradually over time into the circulation.
- Proven technology that is reliable and long lasting
- Effective copper supplementation for 12 months
- May be administered as required with Selenium pellets
(bullets) and/or Cobalt pellets (bullets)
- Trials with supplemented beef calves over a three-month
period demonstrated a 20 kg live weight gain over untreated animals
- In dairy cows over a 5.5-month period, treated animals
gained an average of 27 kg more live weight than untreated animals.
- Administered orally
- Calves up to 200kg (less than 12 months of age) - 1 capsule
administered orally per animal
- Adult cattle over 200kg - 2 capsules per animal or 1
MINERITE COPPER 20g Capsule for Cattle
- Repeat in 12 months
- Dose animals late winter or early spring unless copper
supplementation is required immediately
- Dose pregnant animals early in pregnancy to allow
protection of the new born against copper deficiency
- In Liver Fluke endemic areas, treat animals with a
flukicide at least 3 weeks before using this copper supplement
- The capsule must be administered using an applicator or
balling gun that delivers the capsule directly into the gullet. The
capsule must be swallowed by the animal to be effective.
Contraindications and Precautions
- Do not use in animals less than 3 months of age
- Do not administer this product to animals of unknown copper
status or those treated with any other source of copper within the
previous 12 months
- Do not repeat the dose within 12 months
- Do not use this product in association with Selenium
supplementation unless deficiency of both minerals has been confirmed
- Do not administer to animals suffering from any form of
liver disease such as jaundice or liver fluke or to animals grazing
plants containing toxic alkaloids e.g. Heliotrope, Ragwort, Paterson's
Curse (Salvation Jane)
- Seek Veterinary Advice to verify the Copper status of the
animals before treatment.
3 years after manufacture.
Store below 30°C (room temperature) in the original container
in a dry place.
50 x 10g capsules, 100 x 10g capsules.
MINERITE COPPER 10g Capsules for Calves and Adult Cattle is
registered as a veterinary medicine in Australia with APVMA.